Monday, June 21, 2010

Yawn.

Why am I always so tired? I can literally wake up after a good nights sleep and feel like I need to take a nap within a couple of hours. Its not like I live an unhealthy lifestyle or anything. Maybe this little bout of depression Ive been battling for the last year has something to do with it. I remember back in high school I went through a horrible depression and basically slept the days away then as well. Todd has complained of feeling energyless too though. Perhaps lack of stimulation and boredom is making us feel this way. I guess Ive never experienced boredom to this extent before. All I know is that I just havent felt healthy in a while. We will see if anything changes when we leave here- fingers crossed, because I cant afford for it to be something more.

Despite my constant exhaustion, I still manage to get my butt to the gym to do some cardio and light weights 5 or 6 times a week. I really have no excuse though being that its only 2 floors down. I never thought I would enjoy working out so much. Its become part of my daily routine, so much so that if I skip a day I feel really guilty. I absolutely have to join a gym in New York, because I cant imagine not working out now. Any suggestions as to some decent ones that arent ridiculously expensive, let me know.

The weather forecast is currently happening in the other room. So far Ive heard the meteorologist say that hes predicting July to be wet and cool, the upcoming week is going to be gray and rainy, hes said that theres only been 4 days of sunshine since April 1st, and he isnt too confident that the few months of dry, sunny summer will even occur this year... to which I say, suck it Oregon.

Anyway, despite my hatred, there is one little bright spot here that I absolutely adore- Dovetail Bakery, a quaint little coffeeshop/vegan bakery about 15 minutes away from us. We all know Im not vegan or even vegetarian but I do find myself eating that way fairly often. However when it comes to baked goods, I find it difficult to find vegan things that dont come with that well, vegan flavor, because typically in baked goods the eggs, milk, and butter are a must. Now I dont know what kind of magic theyre working in the kitchen over there, but good lord. Im pretty sure Morgan (the owner) is a vegan fairy sent down from heaven, and everything she touches turns into a delicious treat. Maybe she is paying homage to the Dave Chappelle Show and sprinkling some crack on everything or something. I mean its kind of ridiculous how dare I say, "buttery" and perfect the chocolate chip cookies are, or how moist and spongey the banana & fig muffin is. Their stuff is a little bit expensive, but for those days you want to splurge (both financially and gastronomically), its a must even for those opposed to vegan stuff. And for the record, when Heidi is out here for that one day in July, you better believe Im taking her there.

Alright, Im gonna go take a nap. Just kidding.

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

If you're tired all the time - that could be a thyroid problem. You should get that checked out. If it is your thyroid, you'd have to get on medication.

Robin said...

I actually watched some doctor show the other day on tv and the topic of discussion was exhaustion, and that was one of the things they mentioned too. Im gonna try a few more things they suggested, and if none of it works then I will go to a doctor... Good looking out, girl. :]